Bring a few friends and try curling today!
Our ice is available for group rentals of any size. From bonspiels, school field trips, birthday parties, to corporate events, we can craft an event that suits your needs and size!
BERWICK CURLING CLUB - RENTAL POLICY
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance for the rental of the Curling Club’s facilities to third party renters. Third party renters are defined as either individuals or groups whose organizers are not members of the Curling Club.
- Practice ice is rented by the sheet at a rate of $10 per hour, per person.
- Ice rentals are for the entire ice surface and are charged at a flat rate of $160 per hour.
- Ice rentals greater than 2 hours are charged at a flat rate of $400 per day.
- Minimum of 20 people required for bar service to be provided.
- $50 flat fee for bar service up to 4 hours.
- Beyond 4 hours, bar service provided at $20 per hour.
- Fees to be paid to bartenders.
- Only applied when only the lounge is asked for.
- If renting the ice, lounge fee is included in ice fee.
- Flat rate of $25 per hour.
- $50 Flat fee.
- Renter responsible for cleaning and restoring kitchen as found.
- For a group of more than 15 people, a cleaning fee of $50…paid to cleaner for pre and post event cleaning.
- Damage deposit of $100. Deposit is returned if no damage to either club property or equipment occurs. Should damage occur that is in excess of $100, the amount greater than $100 will be charged to the renter.
- Security deposit of half the full quoted rental fee plus damage deposit is required to be paid at time of booking to secure the date. Cancellation policy as follows:
- Cancelled more than 30 days prior to event…full refund of any deposited money.
- Cancelled more than 15 but less than 30 days prior…refund of half of security deposit and full damage deposit.
- Cancelled less than 15 days prior to the event…no refund of any security deposit, full refund of damage deposit.
- If a group has inexperienced curlers, we recommend that Club Coaches be in attendance to provide guidance on how to safely enjoy the ice. Recommended ratio of 5 curlers to 1 coach.
- At the discretion of the renter. Cost is $25 per coach, money to the coach.
CURLING RENTAL - BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
ATTIRE: Footwear: If you don’t have curling shoes, use a clean pair of flat running shoes. The club has grippers and sliders available for you to use but quantities are limited.
CLOTHING: Wear loose fitting clothing.
TEMPERATURE: Dress in layers. Gloves or mitts are a good idea. You can always shed.
EQUIPMENT: Brushes; The club has a supply of brooms for your rental. Sliding devices are also available to help you deliver the rocks.
SCHEDULE: Arrival; You should arrive at least 20 minutes early but you may want to arrive early depending on the size of your group. It will take a few minutes to ensure each person is ready to get on the ice.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
PREP: Make sure all participants have at least one gripper on their non-sliding foot and a removable slider has been made available to them to throw. The fastest you get setup the more ice time you have.